Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 357
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 105g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free pasta
- 3 cups packed sliced swiss chard (about 5 leaves)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, butter, or ghee
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1 cup canned chick peas, drained (if not canned they will need to be soaked overnight and cooked in advance)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1. Boil a large pot of water.
- 2. Soak raisins in water.
- 3. Add pasta to boiling water in pot. Cook following package directions until al dente.
- 4. During last minute of cooking, add Swiss chard.
- 5. Drain immediately, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- 6. In the meantime, heat coconut oil in medium frying pan set over medium heat.
- 7. Add onion and cook until almost translucent and then add garlic and chill flakes and cook, stirring often until fragrant, about 4 more minutes.
- 8. Add chickpeas and lemon zest. Cook further until chickpeas are warm, about 1 minutes.
- 9. Add drained pasta, Swiss chard, raisins, and sea salt. Stir well to mix. Add just enough cooking liquid to moisten.
- 10. Serve garnished with grated Parmesan cheese.
Whole Life Balance http://wholelifebalance.com/