Broccoli and Cranberry Salad
A delicious salad that is hearty enough as a stand alone lunch.
Also goes great with grilled chicken!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 539
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 14g
Monounsaturated Fat 26g
Total Carbohydrates 108g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 head broccoli (about 3 cups), cut into florettes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup natural sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat feta (optional)
- 1/2 cup kefir (plain)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Lightly steam broccoli until it is bright green.
- 2. Dunk the broccoli in cold water to stop the cooking process, then drain well.
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing and adjust the salt, pepper and maple syrup.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cranberries, seeds, optional cheese and the dressing.
- 5. Serve slightly chilled.
- On the theme of Urinary tract infections and the best foods to help soothe them, this recipe boasts tonnes of healing power. Broccoli for fibre, kefir for probiotics, apple cider vinegar to flush out the bladder and cranberry to eradicate bacteria. Please note: Dried cranberries are sweetened so their action will not be as strong as pure fresh cranberries.
Whole Life Balance http://wholelifebalance.com/